Sunday, October 10, 2010

BP5 Web 2.0 Tool BookRix.com

BP5 Web 2.0 Tool BookRix.com
BookRix.com is a really interesting site because it allows anyone to create his or her own eBook. With iPods, iPads, and any other mobile eBook viewer that’s on the market people can view your eBooks that you create. These books can be on any subject and anyone can download it from the website. This is a tremendous web 2.0 tool because it enables anyone it be an author. As you can see from the video it doesn’t take long at all to create an account or an eBook. If you have a word document or pdf (or etc.) already typed out with what you want in the book then it can literally take less than a half hour (add more time for larger files to convert) to create an eBook. The possibilities for this tool are endless. You are really only limited by your imagination.

I am personally going to use this to make eBooks of my classes’ wikipages, pictures of cell model projects, and other materials detailing the semester. I may also try this with my newly formed Science Club at my high school. Me and this other teacher are the sponsors. We are going to use this as a chance to do experiments and other things that we do not have time for in the classroom. With BookRix.com I can make a little eBook of our different experiments with details and pictures of the experiments.

All in all I am very excited for the possibilities for BookRix.com and I will update in later months on the progress of all the endeavors that I am going to try with this.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this website sounds really cool. In my spare time I write little books and stories for my 2 year old, this sounds like a great website where I can keep my stories online and view them on an e-reader if we were out and about or traveling. In a recent blog post I spoke about storyjumper.com where you can create books online sell and even purchase a hard copy for 24.95 but bookrix.com seems to give you that added bonus of allowing you to view them with an e-reader, I like that a lot I will have to check it out and see if it would work for me! Thanks for the great tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunter,

    I agree with J.J this really appears to be a great tool not just to use with students but I might give it a try myself. My students I am working with for my AR may find this interesting. I will preset it to them and see if they may use it as a way to release. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a teacher of students that do not like to write, this would be a great way to have them express their knowledge of the mathematics materials. The state expects us to show writing across the curriculum, so this would be great. I can imagine some of the language arts classes utilizing this tool on a regular basis, but especially in the creative writing class. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you all enjoy this tool. It is so easy to use.

    ReplyDelete